Join our Team
We are a growing and successful firm that enjoys a challenge, prizes intelligence, and enjoys life. Our firm focuses on serving government clients, while our lawyers are free to also pursue individual practices to suit their passions. We provide prosecution and civil services to 10 cities and their law enforcement agencies, and have offices in Anoka and Minneapolis. We serve clients and attend courts throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Assistant Prosecuting Attorney / Associate Attorney
Your primary role will be as a prosecuting attorney. This position may be structured as full or part-time employment, or possibly as an independent contractor, so please indicate your preference when applying. We seek talent in any form and encourage individuals who have other interests in support of their law practice to apply.
About the job:
- Prosecute criminal cases and appeals related to petty misdemeanor, misdemeanor, and gross misdemeanor offenses for our Municipal clients.
- Draft criminal complaints, memoranda, and correspondence, and timely maintain administrative records.
- Attend court for arraignments, bail hearings, pretrial hearings, conferences, and trials.
- Work with law enforcement, witnesses, municipal employees, and other interested parties.
- Advise and collaborate with law enforcement personnel regarding case investigations. Provide legal advice regarding criminal and civil matters. Conduct law enforcement training on criminal and civil matters.
- Conduct matters in other areas of municipal law such as city code enforcement, administrative actions, forfeitures, and expungements.
- Be available to the firm and law enforcement, as needed, on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Work flexible hours and on an as-needed basis.
- Be detail-oriented, be able to prioritize tasks, and work as a team player.
- Serve clients, coworkers, and all members of the public in a courteous, respectful, and unbiased manner.
- Perform other duties, as required, which may include civil municipal law and general civil practice.
Required for this position:
- Admitted to the Minnesota Bar.
- Minimum of 3 years of criminal law experience required.
Preferred for this position:
- Experience working in the criminal justice system either as a prosecutor or defense attorney.
- Have Experience With:
- Criminal pleading and practice.
- Working with law enforcement.
- Local laws, ordinances, and established precedents.
- Judicial procedure and the rules of evidence.
- Be Capable Of:
- Trying cases independently.
- Providing effective communication skills and persuasive speaking skills.
- Working effectively and respectfully with the public.
- Establishing collaborative working relationships.
Compensation will be based on experience and your desired structure of the position.
If interested, please submit resume and cover letter, specifying whether you are interested in being a full-time or part-time employee or independent contractor to: BBG LAW at Associate@bbkglaw.com